Well, it has been 3 weeks since my heart surgery, and it has not been easy. For the past 2 weeks I had a migraine ALL day EVERY day. It was very frustrating and depressing. I had all of this hope that my surgery would cure me and I would be a new me. I got online and read about lots of other people who had this procedure and said that it got worse for about 3 months before it got better-if it got better. I was so discouraged! Thankfully my family doctor is amazing and fought for me. I was convinced that these migraines, dizziness and light
headedness were from the medication they had me on. Dr. Henry finally convinced my cardiologist that this was the case, and they agreed to have me only take 2 full aspirin a day. It takes 2 weeks for the
meds to get out of my system, and so far it has been 4 days. BUT, I haven't had a migraine in those 4 days!!! I now have a cold, which sucks, but I don't have a migraine. I am still dizzy and light headed, but I can handle that. I also have this crazy pressure in my chest that makes me worry that I am having a heart attack, but they say it's normal since the device is healing and becoming a part of my heart.
I had the most amazing spiritual experience on Sunday. I will save the details for my journal, but I received a blessing from Elder Richard G Scott at church. We are blessed to have him in our ward, and it has been an amazing experience for me. The blessing was beautiful, and furthers my testimony of apostles and the gospel. He gave me wise counsel as well, and reminded me that sometimes the Lord takes pain away, and sometimes he gives us the strength to endure the pain. So true, and a lesson that I have had to learn before. He also reminded me to show gratitude to the Lord for every step I make to a full recovery. So many times we are blessed and forget to show gratitude to the one who blessed us.
The past couple of months have been extremely hard for me. Not being able to be physical, and not feeling normal, and being in pain, in the dead of winter here has been hard. But through it I have been blessed with amazing people to love and support me and my kids. Chad has been wonderful, and I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.
6 comments:
I have been thinking about you Jamie. I hope things start improving a bit more every day for you!
Oh wow what an experience - I can't even imagine!! I hope you continue to feel better!!
Jamie you amaze me for the woman that you are! Seriously, I have always looked at you as a STRONG incredible woman and you have never proved me wrong! You have such an amazing spirit about you and I just love ya. I really hope that you are feeling better soon. I know this may sound a little weird, but this post was really uplifting--it helped remind me to count my blessings...and keep things in prespective...so thank you. stay strong!
Just want you to know that I love you:o)
so glad you are on the mend and that you have such a kind husband to take care of you.
Ask about 'Ondansetron' if they come back. That's what I'm on right now, only if my eyes start up like they do before the pain hits. I take one once my eyes start going blurry and that goes through it's normal cycle but the headache never sets in. I get the pain when you bend down to pick something up but have been able to continue throughout my day with no problems!
And I would've loved to have heard that blessing! He's such a gentle man~
Post a Comment