I have been trying to decide what to put Katelyn in this year. I knew she would not do dance, since we tried it once and she did not like it at all. I also knew that she needed something physical and structured. I thought about karate, and still might try that. I signed her up for a gymnastics class to see how she liked it. She LOVED it, but the place was too expensive. So after searching around, I decided to try another place. I put both girls in to see how they did. Katelyn did awesome and loved it. It was amazing for me to see Katelyn with confidence and no fear. Whenever she had to learn something new in the past, it took her a long time to gain confidence. She was out there doing back hand springs without even thinking about it! The teacher came up to me afterwards and asked if she had taken gymnastics before because she couldn't believe how fast she was picking it up. For now, I think we have found Katelyn's niche.
Taylor kept up too. She was with other 5 year olds, and was doing well. I think she had fun, and would honestly have fun doing anything. I was surprised how well she stood still and took direction. At home she is my wanderer and it's hard to get her attention. I still think Taylor would LOVE dance and needs to move to music! So I am going to try her in dance.

4 comments:
That is awesome! They are just growing up TOO fast!
Sounds like a perfect fit!
Awww Jamie so fun, so exciting - AND ADORABLE!
So cute!
Post a Comment