*Warning: This is a vent blog...
I swear that Katelyn is ADHD or something! This past week she has been awful! She has so much energy and is so restless that she can't hold still or stop her mouth for 1 minute! I swear she doesn't know how...I ask her to be quiet and she just covers her mouth and keeps talking! I can't take it! And then on top of that she is so independent that she decides whether she is going to be good or not and then we go from there. Some days she is great for me and a great listener...then other days EVERY thing I ask is responded with "I don't think so, No, or I like to do it Mom!" Time outs aren't working...I have tried sticker charts, marble jars, etc, and I have been doing Love and Logic! I am just at that breaking point!
And to top it off...she has given up naps! Well, I have been battling with her for over an hour every day to take a nap and she eventually falls asleep, but it is exhausting! And then she won't go down for bed. So, I have decided to stop making her take naps, as painful as it is. The catch here is that when she doesn't nap I am ready to kill her by 5pm! I can't win!
**On a positive note :) Now that I am only working 2 days for summer school, I am able to do more fun things with the girls. Yesterday we went to the free movie at the theater. We only lasted about a half an hour because Katelyn won't sit still for any movie longer than a half an hour (is my 3 year old the only one with this problem?) Today we went to the library for story time and to check out books. Katelyn loved it! And it was indoors and free! I think we will be making a library trip every week!
9 years ago

6 comments:
You know Jamie, I'll bet she's just REALLY REALLY smart. Her mind needs to be occupied ALL THE TIME, (by you, lol)! I'll bet your life will be easier now that you've given up naps...some battles aren't worth fighting =)You can do it! Your beach pictures were so cute! They made me miss California really bad!And you look awesome...great arms!
i know EXACTLY what you are talking about - i go through the same thing with kylie! especially about the not being able to keep quiet! she just has to get every last word out no matter what.
just hang in there - i hear 4 is a good year.
Ugh, I know your pain. It isn't ADHD it is just 3 year olds! I have done 3 twice now and wanted to boot my kids to the moon when they were that age! And the constant talking, that was soo Tanner! Let me assure you though, 4 is WAY better! Hang in there! :)
I don't know what to tell you except that just when you think you can't take it anymore they have a good week. It seems to come and go.
I sympathize with the no more naps...she'll probably make it a few days then crash. Then you'll do it all over until she can really handle it. You're incredible...be glad she doesn't have a twin:) It's a good thing Taylor balances things out...right?
Keep me posted on those library trips, I would love to join you!! And no, I do not think you are the only one with an active child... Jackson is starting to fight naps and he just turned two AND he has never been one to sit for movies.
Post a Comment