Monday, September 15, 2008

San Francisco

I just got back from San Francisco late last night...and I am glad to be home! I met up with my girlfriend Jene and we had a blast! I love that city! I could totally live there. It was wonderful to be by myself and get back in touch with who I am, as Jamie...not as a mother. Does that make sense? I think sometimes we only identify ourselves as "mom" and give so much to our children that we forget to take care of ourselves and forget who we are. It was very therapeutic for me and it also made me miss and appreciate my girls even more. I couldn't wait to come home and see them! I am so lucky to have two girls, who love me unconditionally, to come home to. This morning I peeked my head out of my room and saw Katelyn waiting in the hallway. When she saw me she said "Mommy, is that you?" Then she ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever and said, "You flew home! I'm so proud of you! I missed you so much!" And then when Taylor saw me her whole body shook with excitement and she reached out to me with a big grin on her face. What a perfect welcome! It was a great "refresher" weekend for me, and I am glad I went. Here are a few pictures.
Standing in front of the amazing Golden Gate Bridge
Jene and I
All Dolled Up and ready to party!
Oakland Temple-my first time seeing it and it is beautiful!

16 comments:

RachelAA said...

I am so happy for you and so excited you had such a perfect welcoming. It's so true how we need to find time to remember who we are - what a perfect get-away!

KickButtMommy said...

what a wonderful weekend. If anyone deserves it, you do!

Amber said...

So glad you got to go and get a weekend away.

You have amazingly beautiful skin by the way. Just thought I'd tell you that.

Kim said...

I am so glad you got to go and that you had a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Tammy said...

Great pics... you look beautiful!

I'm glad you got to go and have a little you time. You deserved it!

little miss shortcake said...

what a fun trip and nice break for you!

Marci said...

Can I just tell you how hot you look! You just look so refreshed and happy!

Marci said...

Can I just tell you how hot you look! You just look so refreshed and happy!

Jenn said...

Nice! What a great getaway! I'm somebody else besides mom? Maybe it's time I got away:)

Aaron and Carrie Warnick said...

I am glad that you got some "you" time. That is great. I love San Francisco. It is very fun except for china town. I love the bay and everything about it. We stayed in oakland for a week and my friends granpas house and it was a blast. He took us to all the non touristy spots with great food and fun. The oakland temple is so pretty! I am glad that you got to get away! Glad your home now with your girls and so glad that they missed you. They are so cute and Your such a great mommy!

cory and laurel evans said...

Hey There! I don't think Amber is teaching dance right now but I' ll let you know if she does again. Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Beach Mommy said...

you're such a beauty - glad you got to take off for a bit...you needed that more than anyone I know!

Erin Johnson said...

You look soo good! I miss you! The Jamie I knew was a fun-loving dare devil! You go girl! So glad you had a fun trip and got lots of love when you returned.

Holli said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Did you get a Ghirardelli hot fudge sunday that was one of the best things I had in San Francisco.

Shay said...

so awesome! we still need to swap stories! sorry for my lameness not calling you!

Danielle said...

Looks like you had a nice trip... and I totally hear on the whole "Jamie" time. Being a mom is great and a blessing, but a lot of the time you lose yourself in all of it. It's fun to remember who we use to be before we were "mommyfied" because we will not be changing diapers and getting spit up on forever. Gald you had fun :)