So, we arrived home from CA late Monday night. Then we woke up Tuesday morning to this! Talk about a drastic difference! We went from 90 degrees to 35 degrees! It was hilarious to see Katelyn's reaction. She walked out of her room half awake and in her underwear and t-shirt. Her hair was all disheveled, and she looked outside and screamed, "Holy chicken! Holy freakin' cow! There's snow outside!" I wonder where she got the word freakin' from! Here are some pictures of her first steps out into the snow for the season. Taylor isn't in them because she was inside sick. I will tell that story after these pics...



So, the entire time we were in CA Taylor had a fever, but no other symptoms. Then she got a bad cough Monday, but I thought she was getting better. Well, this morning she woke up struggling desperately to breathe. I rushed her to the doctors office and they told me to take her to the hospital. It was the scariest thing to hold her limp body, and watch her struggle to take every breath. She was on the verge of passing out and her lips were turning blue. As soon as we got there they gave her breath treatments and steroids to open up her airway. That kicked in after about a half an hour and they watched her for 3 hours. They determined that she had a bad case of Croup and that her airways were closing off. So, I have to keep a close eye on her and give her steroids in the morning. These girls have been so sick the past month...nothing like when we lived in CA. It's going to be a fun winter!
6 comments:
haven't been able to get a hold of you today. Glad Taylor's ok. I've been so worried! My little sweet heart. Those snow pics are awesome! It's beautiful!
i feel like my kids get sick like once a month from fall - spring. i'm surprised with taylor that bad, they didn't insist on ambulance transport! was the hospital close?
glad she is ok - those moments are scary!
I am glad Taylor is okay. Keep a close eye on her!
It's so hard for the body to adjust to such a different life style. I am so glad she's ok!! And what beautiful snow pictures - well sitting here in my warm house that is :)
wow Jamie I had no idea how seriously sick she was...I am glad that she is ok. How scary!
I'm loving the snow picture though. I miss the snow SOMETIMES! I would love to have it for Christmas!
Holy crow - that's too much snow to get started with! I'd need it a little at a time. Can you believe here, even with our crazy heat and cold every other week, the ski lifts are already open. The earliest in history they say! I can't believe it!! As for Taylor, I'm so sorry. Noah had that a time or two. It's so sad to have to give your little one steroids ~ hope she's feeling better!
Post a Comment